IverUpdate #10 Mar 21st 1:55am
SEE VIDEO OF THE MTW JAPAN RELIEF WORK AT http://www.vimeo.com/21221181
Dear Family and Friends,
* We are safe…. and very blessed
* But very busy and tired in this ongoing emergency as we work around almost around the clock.
* See video link below taking by Team member chooise
* It is 1:55 am after a very long Lord’s day. I just got home, and know I must write and update you. I am exhausted, but will try.
* We have sent 11 truckloads of needed goods north. Japanese church has jumped in fully.
* For example: One ministry for ladies in our church who do not work outside the home has become waiting
in line 2 hrs to get gas to send north to our partnering churches. Another is making food with love attached to send north
everyday, our church to their mouth (not like to the warehouse for a few days, like the government)
*This is furthering evangelism in a tremendous way in our sending areas, as non-Christians jump in to help, and furthering the evangelism of the churches we are helping and partnering with to help their ministry.
* Radiation level zero: A Japanese man when north two full days helping to deliver needed supplies. A team who just arrived from America had brought a radiation level detection device. They checked him and his clothes. Even though he went into the disaster area two days in a row, now safe to on two of our trips back to back, Other following in trace…
*Conservative Baptist Missionary: “Our church planting work has progressed forward two years through this disaster relief help.”
This missionary is on the coast in Katsuta, Ibaragi ken. He said this today to our relief team that brought him water.. The name of his church plant is Oasis, and we keep carrying tanks of water north to him so he can give out water in the community.
* Church planting work moved forward 5 years years:
When I told Seima Aoyagi, a Japanese associate member and parter of our the story of the Conservative Baptist missionary above, he said that their church planting had been moved forward 5 years as a all days was going all thee time…
I keep falling asleep at the computer. It is 2:25am. Sorry. This must wait another day.
No, I will send as is with what Maggie and Sara-Beth wrote for me below in updates #8 & #9, though I want to tell you so much more!
your partner in the gospel,